Visa ett inlägg
Gammal 2011-09-27, 15:50
Admirala Admirala är inte uppkopplad
Avslutat medlemskap på egen begäran

Reg.datum: apr 2005
Standard Sv: Varför är inte Grekland ett vinland?

Nam, Agiorgitiko vin fra Nemea, det er et kvalitetstegn, en av mine favorittvintyper. Kan ikke huske om jeg har smakt akkurat den, men den får gode kritikk her (best av 12 smakte viner):

The star red for me was the 2009 Red on Black from Mitravelas Estate in Nemea. Made from the Agiorgitiko grape, it has crunchy cherry and bramble fruit, a touch of kalamata olive, firm tannins and more than enough acidity to cut through the olive oil in the food. Tim had paired it with a 2009 cru Beaujolais. It was a fascinating comparison – the Gamay seemed lighter and more playful than the Agiorgitiko which had greater weight and a bigger tannic bite.

The Red on Black reminded me a little of the wines of Southern Italy. There is a warmth to the fruit that speaks of hot summer days but a crisp freshness too that only comes from using grapes native to such a climate. The best wines of the Mediterranean are invariably made with local grapes. I have yet to taste a Syrah or Cabernet grown in this part of the world that can hold a torch to the best Agiorgitiko, Aglianico or Nero d’Avola.

There is also a charming, chewy rusticity to the wine. Despite the fact it is made in a state of the art cellar, in floor to ceiling stainless steel tanks, there is still something little bit of scruffy about it. It doesn’t taste too modern and polished. It is the sort of wine that would be much more at home with plates of meze shared amongst noisy friends than it would paired with haute-cuisine in the hushed environs of a white tablecloth restaurant.

http://www.bibendum-times.co.uk/post...-nemea-greece/
Svara med citat